Thursday, March 12, 2009

Must have for that "beautimous" hair girl

These things rock my hair world. I have always had a love/hate relationship with my hair. I think we all want what we don't have whether it be our hair, eye color, height or whatever else there is to have. ;-) I know the Lord tells us not to want for what our neighbor has and be content with what he has given us. I struggle with this and am constantly working on this, so please know that while I give you this rocking hair stuff this helps keep my envy in check. My hair is curly. Now not curly enough to have those beautiful ringlets that Kerri Russell has, but it is curly enough that I don't DARE straighten my hair if rain is within 2 days on the radar. Can you say Roseanne Roseannadanna? Remember her? If not... But, if I'm able to straighten my hair these are the things I cannot do without.
This is best to straigten those curls out before the dryer even hits my hair with the round brush.

Then I have to have these rollers once I dry my hair. Anyone who knows me well enough has seen me in these in the last 15 years and I'm telling you they have definite sex appeal but I try to leave this look at home.
I found this super cool "how-to" on velcro rollers at www.teamsugar.com

This stuff is the best thing since sliced bread. It says that it gives you 17% more volume and I would say that and then some. Now don't get crazy with this stuff. You just LIGHTLY sprinkle it where you want the volume, tossle that hair and instant pouf! Go getcha some at www.aveda.com How awesome is that and you didn't even have to get one of those pouf combs. heehee Lord knows if I used one of those that I'd lose the dumb thing or it would boomerang and hit someone in the eye. I think I'll just stick to my sexy rollers and be fine with it.
What is your beauty routine like? Leave me some love and tell me. I love to know what everyone else does too. Show me some love girls...

3 comments:

Cory said...

Hey there!! I used your velcro rollers this morning and L.O.V.E.D. them.....quit keeping secrets tell me more!!! You know me I am all for more volume!! PUMP IT UP!! Why is it that we work so long on our hair and then tossle it for that "I really didn't try that hard this morning look" Now I guess I should try your aveda product. I already use Redken Full Frame mouse/moose?? It is fun keeping up with you!!

Unknown said...

I'm gonna try that Aveda schtuff. Volume good. Flat bad. Unless we're talking about tummies...and PLEASE tell me we're NOT talking about tummies. I just shared a PB&J with my son :)
Anyhoo, my products lately involve (drumroll please)...a ponytail holder! Ahhh, someday I'll once again devote actual time to this crazy mane. Maybe spending money on that Aveda schtuff will inspire me.
Love you G.

Gina~Sassalot said...

OK girls...how did the Aveda stuff work out for ya?