Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lake pics

I did not post a single picture of us at my Mom & Dad's place at the lake from this summer. We spent so much time there with my sister, her husband and two boys, Mom & Dad and our cousins and friends. It is a fun place to be and SO relaxing. I have been so busy raising the kids that I've just now gotten a good camera this year. They are 5 & 4 now, but they are only 15 months apart, so this is really the 1st year we've been able to have a ton of fun without all the worrying. They are the best buds and play so well together. My sister's 2 boys are like brothers to mine and it is so fun to watch them have those bonds and love for each other. We are so blessed to have such close families.

Here is some of the fun that we have at the lake. Victor & Kristy, friends from the dock, have a gate on their upstairs deck that the kids can jump from. We told my fearless man boy that he couldn't jump until he was 5. We only picked 5 because it was more than what he was last year and didn't think for a SECOND that he would remember this a whole 365 days later. WRONG!!! The first day we are at the lake this summer he reminds me of above mentioned conversation. {Note to self...man boy has memory of an elephant!! Watch what you say....} Well he tells me that maybe he'll wait until he's like 6...7...8 maybe?? Wooohooo! I'm just revelling in that my sweet boy is afraid of anything. Short lived...this is him at the end of the summer...



Now this little boy is fearless and he's learning all kinds of stunts and "cool" things from his friends and cousins. Here is a few of G and J showing their stuff...


We couldn't leave without showing the little princess strutting her stuff too...

Gotta love my girly girl...girl after my own heart. G was making fun of her for not jumping off the top deck and she didn't care. "Whatever! I am not jumping off there!" she says.

No comments: